[Mailman-Users] Monthly Password reminder send from old/destroyed domain and so rejected.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jun 4 17:16:14 CEST 2011

On 6/3/11 11:15 PM, Mathieu Chappuis wrote:

> Despite my new settings, MailMan use this old domain in the header as
>
> Sender: mailman-bounces at lists.dom0.org
>
> In the montly password reminder, the well configured mailers reject the mail
>
>   <mailman-bounces at lists.dom0.org>: Sender address rejected: Domain not
>     found (in reply to MAIL FROM command)
[...]
> Grepping /etc/mailman or /var/lib/mailman I dont found any instances
> of this old domain in files (except in archives)

I'm surprised you didn't see

Binary file /var/lib/mailman/lists/mailman/config.pck.last matches
Binary file /var/lib/mailman/lists/mailman/config.pck matches

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/mIA9> and run

bin/withlist -l -r fix_url mailman

San Francisco Bay Area, California    Better use your sense - B. Dylan