[Mailman-Users] How to export users with ALL flags and infos andimport to new server?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jun 28 17:44:40 CEST 2011

Snaky Love weote:

>Certainly I am not the first user who would like to copy a few mailing lists
>over to another server - I did not expect that this will be a major issue -
>how can this be achieved? I am not able to just copy the config.pck files,
>because the new server is a hosted mailman install, also there is a major
>version jump and I can not find any documentation on format changes of these
>files across versions... so I would like to use the commandline tools, but
>still maintain all available user info to appear in exactly the same way on
>the new host.

Copying the config.pck is the way to do this. There is no worry about a
version jump. Mailman on the new server will upgrade the config.pck on
the fly. Any upgrade should be OK.

I don't understand why you say you can't copy the config.pck. If you
have sufficient access to run command line tools, you should have
access to copy the config.pck, and even if you don't, the host admins
may be willing to help.