[Mailman-Users] Monthly Reminder Question

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Mar 21 03:16:15 CET 2011

On 3/20/2011 5:35 PM, Dennis Putnam wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. Yes, it does the same thing. Is there a debug
> option for this?
>
> On 3/20/2011 10:19 AM, Andrew Hodgson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Have you tried it without any arguments?  I just ran it on a
>> virtual machine here and it worked fine.  I don't know much details
>> about the program if it should write to stderr/stdout etc.

If the site list is missing, it writes a message to stderr and logs it
to Mailman's 'error' log. If a member doesn't have a password, it logs
that to Mailman's 'error' log.

If any uncaught exceptions occur, it writes a traceback to stderr.

Otherwise, it is silent.

It will not mail any reminders at all for a list if the list's General
Options -> send_reminders is No. It will not mail to a user whose "Get
password reminder email for this list?" option is no.

Otherwise, it will generate the mail and queue it in the virgin queue,
and if VirginRunner, IncomingRunner and OutgoingRunner are all running
and there is no error (logged in Mailman's error log) the mail will be sent.