[Mailman-Users] Installing latest Mailman updates via automaticbash script file possible?

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Wed Mar 30 18:11:05 CEST 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 08:19:46AM -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> René Linke wrote:
> >In one of a short news of the upcoming Ubuntu 11.04 is the latest
> >Mailman version available then. My provider don't accept any Kernel
> >upgrades.
> This is really a Debian/Ubuntu question and not a mailman question, but
> how about
> apt-get update mailman

Or find a PPA (there are a couple out there), and whack the necessary
lines in sources.list(5), then

    apt-get update && apt-get (upgrade|install) mailman

 -- you may need to check pinning (see 'man apt_preferences')

Those with a more cavalier streak may find grabbing the .deb for a
newer (base) version and thence 'dpkg -i''ing the .deb works, ( a
drawback is you won't necessarily get security updates), or indeed,
looking in backports.

"Of course we are not patronising women. We are just going to explain to
  them, in words of one syllable, what it is all about."
    -- Olga Maitland