[Mailman-Users] Getting Spam from Banned Address

Henry Hartley henry at dotrose.com
Mon May 2 18:45:54 CEST 2011

On 5/2/2011 11:05 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Henry Hartley wrote:
>>
>> possibly a setting that says "all From addresses must be on the list".
>
> Perhaps that would be useful, but it doesn't currently exist.

Or at the least something that says if a specifically banned address is
in the From field, then don't allow it. That might be simpler to
impliment, and is more likely to always be the right thing to do.

> If this is your Mailman installation, you could try putting
>
> SENDER_HEADERS = (None,)
>
> in mm_cfg.py. This would say that the post is considered to be from a
> member only if the envelope sender is a member.

I've done this. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll report back if that
doesn't solve the problem but it seems like it should. It occurs to me
that this is site-wide, however. Is that right? I have a half dozen
lists so now does this apply to all of them? They are all small and it's
probably OK, but I should know.

--
Henry