[Mailman-Users] Mailman stop working...help! (Progress?)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 25 01:06:29 CEST 2012

Seun Ojedeji wrote:

>Hi,
>Perhaps i should provide my details maybe i could get help here....i really
>wish to keek the vpostmaster frontend(because of the ease of
>account//domain creation) and still needs my mailman. below is the url to
>my /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py and /etc/postfix/main.cf . Kindly help!
>
>http://pastebin.ca/2139462

If I understand correctly what the situation is, your list mail is
being rejected by the incoming MTA at SMTP time and never being
delivered to Mailman. Thus, your mm_cfg.py is not relevant at this
point.

Also, the output of 'postconf -n' is generally much easier for those
who would help you than is the entire main.cf.

That said, there is nothing much in main.cf that would indicate a
problem except that the vPostMaster stuff beginning at line 48 in the
pastebin is probably the issue, but exactly what the issue is can't be
determined without knowing what's in /etc/postfix/vpm-domains and
probably what's in master.cf for the vpm-pftransport.

Based on your prior post, I would guess that mail to the
"lists.mydomain.net" domain is being routed to vPostMaster and
vPostMaster doesn't know how to deliver to Mailman.

The response you got from a vpostermaster list said:

> You'll have to make sure that the domain that is used for the list e-mail
> is not managed by vPostMaster; without the vPostMaster integration, I
> don't know of a way to get Postfix to deliver both to regular accounts
> and lists in the same domain.

That says that your lists should be in the "lists.mydomain.net" domain
and only list mail should be addressed to that domain, i.e. no local
user addresses in that domain, and that domain should not be managed
by vPostMaster, i.e. it should not be in /etc/postfix/vpm-domains.