[Mailman-Users] Administratively subscribe other users via email

Nick Bright nick.bright at valnet.net
Tue Aug 14 01:59:38 CEST 2012

I'm sorry if this is a repeated question; but I've spent the last hour
searching/reading faq's and not finding anything useful.

I'm creating a newsletter mailing list, which I've successfully done -
now, I am trying to get my billing system to automatically add new
customers to the mailing list.

The easiest way to do this would be to have my billing system send an
email to mailman to subscribe the user.

However, I have as of yet been unable to locate any information on how
to do so.

I've tried using the "Approved:" header with a subscribe command in the
mail body, following the subscribe command syntax at
http://www.list.org/mailman-member/node41.html, but the response back
from mailman is that the commands remain unprocessed.

What is the correct syntax for doing this?

-  Nick Bright                                -
-  Vice President of Technology               -
-  Valnet -=- We Connect You -=-              -
-  Tel 888-332-1616 x 315 / Fax 620-331-0789  -
-  Web http://www.valnet.net/                 -
- Are your files safe?                        -
- Valnet Vault - Secure Cloud Backup          -
- More information & 30 day free trial at     -
- http://www.valnet.net/services/valnet-vault -