[Mailman-Users] Change of member address via web fails

Nancy Shoemaker mbx at sgtst.com
Sat Feb 4 22:35:57 CET 2012

>On Feb 4, 2012, at 11:48 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> >
> > When you change a member's address in this way, a confirmation request
> > is sent to the new address, and the address is not changed until the
> > user confirms.
> >
> > Even as list admin, you cannot change a member's address from the web
> > without user confirmation.
> >
> > The way to change a member's address without confirmation is via the
> > Mailman command line tool bin/clone_member.

First:  immense thanks to everyone on the Mailman team -- it's been
an invaluable tool for many small organizations that I support.

On the other hand, I'm one of those who does not have access to the
command line utilities (Mailman installed on shared hosting via
control panel).  While I know it's possible to automate the web
interface in a variety of ways (thanks, for example, for the
mailman-subscribers.py script!) that just seems awkward to me -- and
automating this particular issue (with an unsubscribe/subscribe) has
side effects as noted in this thread from 2004:

http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg23670.html