[Mailman-Users] No mail going out to lists members

jdd jdanield at free.fr
Mon Feb 20 10:43:06 CET 2012

This is my first mail to this list, fogive me if i miss some
netiquette :-(

I have the problem in subject (No mail going out to lists members) on
a new mailman install, using openSUSE 12.1 server

mailman receives mails and archive them:

I scanned all the instructions in the page

without finding any problem, but I may have misunderstood some part of
it as this did not fix my problems.

I documented my work here (sorry, in french)

last thing I did is scan the mailman log messages.

In openSUSE, mailman is spread between ~mailman in the usual
/var/lib/mailman place and /usrLib/mailman. MTA postfix (perfectly
running, I can send a mail from the mailman account)

I blanked out the log files (renaming the log folder, creating a new
one and using check_perm to fix the permissions)

I send a message to the linux-31 mailing list, I got this error message:

Feb 20 10:27:58 2012 (10832) Uncaught runner exception: Use of the
Sendmail.py delivery module is highly discouraged
Feb 20 10:27:58 2012 (10832) Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 120, in _oneloop
     self._onefile(msg, msgdata)
   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 191, in _onefile
     keepqueued = self._dispose(mlist, msg, msgdata)
   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Queue/OutgoingRunner.py", line 74,
in _dispose
     self._func(mlist, msg, msgdata)
   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Sendmail.py", line 71, in
     assert 0, 'Use of the Sendmail.py delivery module is highly
AssertionError: Use of the Sendmail.py delivery module is highly

Feb 20 10:27:58 2012 (10832) SHUNTING:

grunner logs say:
Feb 20 10:26:13 2012 (10832) OutgoingRunner qrunner started.

I tried to paste the mailman aliases in /etc/alias, because this
looked like an alias problem.

doing so I got an answer from mailman saying

<linux-31 at culte.org>: Command died with status 2:
     "/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post linux-31". Command output:
Failure to
     exec script. WANTED gid 67, GOT gid 65533.

so I reverted to the dual alias system where I have already
mailman:        root
mailman-owner:  mailman

any idea?

Jean-Daniel Dodin