[Mailman-Users] List Migration Issue

Anthony Harrison harrison.aw at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 22:09:33 CET 2012

I am trying to migrate mailing lists from Mailman 2.1.11 running on Ubuntu
8.04.3 LTS to Mailman 2.1.12 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2
(Santiago). I'm not sure how mailman was installed/built on the Ubuntu box
but on the Redhat box, it was installed using yum.

I have followed the guides on list migration and rsync'ed the lists, data,
and archives directory from the Ubuntu box to the Redhat box, updated the
permissions, and regenerated the aliases. However, when I go to update the
urls for mailing lists via fix_url, none of the allegedly migrated lists
can be found.

Has anyone encountered and dealt with this issue successfully?