[Mailman-Users] can I use a mailman list address as a (qmail) sender address?

Stefan P. Wolf (NassRasur.com) wolf at NassRasur.com
Tue Jan 17 17:07:44 CET 2012

scenario:

I run a discussion forum and we have a closed list where
the members are the moderators of the forum. Forum users
can write to all moderators through this list's address.
Let's say the address is mods at myforum.mydomain.com

Now I would like to be able to create also a *real* mail
account with the same address, for SENDING (outgoing mail)
only. Each moderator is then able to send mail though this mail
account so that the sender of their mails is the (anonymous!)
list address mods at myforum.mydomain.com -- incoming mail for
this address should be ignored by our MTA (qmail) so that
mailman correctly takes it.

Is this possible and how must mailman and qmail be set up?
We are using Plesk but we also have root access if Plesk
is not capable of configuring this.

Thanks for any help!

Best regards, Stefan.