[Mailman-Users] remainder post bounce

jdd jdanield at free.fr
Mon Jul 2 20:10:56 CEST 2012

I have a curious situation. I could fix it, so there is no hurry to
find a better solution, but I wonder where I failed :-).

I have a domain name (culte.org) that hold a mailman mailing lists server.

Under this domain, there is a (virtual) network. The real server is
savage-reborn.culte.org

When mailman send the messages to the lists, no problem at all, the
return path is <list-name>@culte.org

but when mailman send the monthly reminder, the return path is
<listname>@savage-reborn.culte.org.

some recipients do not like to have the extra "savage-reborn" part and
refuse the mail.

I don't know where I could change this without disturbing the server's
working.

The MTA is postfix.

I could solve the problem adding savage-reborn in culte.org zone
definitions.

any idea?

thanks
jd