[Mailman-Users] configuration of mailman with postfix

Eric Smith es at fruitcom.com
Wed Jul 25 12:53:56 CEST 2012

I have the following versions mailman 1:2.1.14-3 on postfix 2.9.1-5 and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

When I configure post install with the following instructionsi such as this one:

My installation is for lists on virtual domains
NOT foobar.fruitcom.com
but complete virtual domains, in  this example

Postfix reports a warning:
warning: /etc/postfix/main.cf: unused parameter: mailman_destination_recipient_limit=1

Mails sent to one of the list committee at foobar.com give the following error:
<"|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post committee"@fruitcom.com>
(expanded from
    <committee at foobar.com>): unknown user: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post committee"

Is there a suggestion to address this particular issue which I
think is the expansion to `committee"@fruitcom.com' ,
alternatively, are there other instructions

Best regards,
Eric Smith
Mobile: 00 31 6 455 09313 - Tel Wageningen: +31 317 728888