[Mailman-Users] postsuper

Khalil Abbas khillo100 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 30 02:57:51 CEST 2012

you're the man :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Sapiro
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 2:17 AM
To: Khalil Abbas
Cc: mailman-users at python.org
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] postsuper

On 7/29/2012 11:20 AM, Khalil Abbas wrote:
> Hi, Thanks for the tip, but my problem isn’t with deferred mail,

Then why would "postsuper -r ALL" have any effect?

> no mail
> is getting rejected from the remote MTA's.. but my problem is that the
> main hardware node is distributing the mail over the 120 MX nodes
> slowly.. I have set the SMTP_MAX_RCPTS to 5 per message for better
> delivery to several MTA's , which means 3 million subscribers are
> delivered in groups of 5.. resulting 600,000 messages to be distributed
> by the main hardware node.. is that too much? should I split them to
> several servers??

Perhaps if you asked your question on a list or forum devoted to
configuring hardware and MTAs for delivering large volumes of mail,
you'd get a better response. This list is for support of Mailman. As far
as I can tell, your issue is downstream of Mailman after Mailman has
successfully delivered your mail to your main outgoing MTA and is
therefore, not a Mailman issue.