[Mailman-Users] Dumb Me Tried to Update Mandriva (Again)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed May 2 17:14:52 CEST 2012

Dennis Putnam wrote:

>I am making progress (I think). When I uninstalled and reinstalled
>python, it seems to have taken mailman with it. I did a reinstall of
>mailman and now the daemon and the qrunners start. I can also now access
>the initial web page with my lists shown. However, when I try to access
>the management page I get a 404 error. Obviously something still needs
>to be restored but I don't know what. Do I now need to re-restore
>mailman/Mailman?

I'm guessing you are saying that you can go to
http://www.example.com/mailman/listinfo/ and see the expected results,
but either one or both of http://www.example.com/mailman/admin/ or
http://www.example.com/mailman/admin/LISTNAME gives a 404.

This would seem to say that /path/to/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo exists
but /path/to/mailman/cgi-bin/admin is missing.

Mailman's cgi-bin directory should contain all of

admin    confirm  edithtml  listinfo  options  rmlist  subscribe
admindb  create   private  roster

If all those are there, there is probably some issue with the web
server config.