[Mailman-Users] Dumb Me Tried to Update Mandriva (Again)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu May 3 23:10:09 CEST 2012

Dennis Putnam wrote:

>Thanks for the reply. You are correct in that it does not exist in
>mm_cfg.py. However, in Defaults.py it is set to
>
>CGIEXT = '.cgi'
>
>The question then becomes, where should I fix it (presumably in
>mm_cfg-py). Leave it to Mandriva to change what is normal for everyone else.

What are the actual names of the wrappers in Mailman's cgi-bin
directory? Do they have a .cgi extension?

If they do not have a .cgi extension, I would put

CGIEXT = ''

in mm_cfg.py. If they do have a .cgi extension, but the web server is
looking for files with a .cgi.cgi (doubled) extension, I would look at
the web server config and see if it is rewriting the URLs to add the
second '.cgi' and, if so, remove that rewrite.

Also look at the various web page links and form action= URLs and
verify that they are correct.