[Mailman-Users] Dumb Me Tried to Update Mandriva (Again)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 4 18:12:17 CEST 2012

Dennis Putnam wrote:

>Thanks. The cgi scripts do have the cgi extension on them. I put CGIEXT
>= '' in mm_cfg.py which, of course fixed the problem.

It may have fixed the problem for the moment, but it is the wrong way
to do it.

If the cgi-bin/* wrappers have .cgi extensions, the proper value for
CGIEXT is '.cgi'. If that is resulting in the web server looking for
*.cgi.cgi files, this is due to something that was added to the web
server configuration, possibly as a prior 'solution' to a problem of
the web server looking for files without the '.cgi' extension.

Anyway, I would find what's adding the extra '.cgi' in the web server
and remove it and then either remove the CGIEXT setting from mm_cfg.py
or set it to '.cgi'.