[Mailman-Users] Help needed, mailing list deleted!

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 11 21:20:57 CEST 2012

Amit Bhatt wrote:

>Some hacker has deleted our mailing list using backdoor shell spyware.
>I expected my service provider would retrieve the list by restoring full backup. they restored the data, but mailing list is still not there!

The list settings, membership, etc. are all in the
lists/LISTNAME/config.pck file. Was that restored?

>Since the above incidence is very shocking and disturbing for me and our subscribers, I would anticipate any ultimate and best possible solutions from you experts on this board.

We always try to do our best with any issue whether it's easy or hard
and whether it affects many people or only a few.

That said, your service provider is in a much better position to help
you with this than we are.