[Mailman-Users] unsubscribe one user from many lists

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed May 16 08:47:21 CEST 2012

Rafael Lang wrote:

>Now, I'm not super sure I got the command
>line right, this is what I tried:

>and I also tried to directly enter

>into my browser. In both cases what I got back was:

>problem.  Printing of traceback and other system information has been
>explicitly inhibited, but the webmaster can find this information in the
>Mailman error logs.
>

>and now I'm lost :-\ Can somebody help me? How can I unsubscribe a given
>user from a couple of mailing lists at the same time without having to
>go through the clumsy web interface for each of the mailing lists?

It appears that you don't have command line access to Mailman, so the
obvious

  bin/remove_members --fromall user at example.com

isn't something you can do. That probably also means you don't have
access to Mailman's error log to provide the traceback, however, I can
say what the issue might be. Your URLs are wrong. There should not be
two occurrences of /members in the URL. The 'bug' however is that the
script assumes there are values for the check boxes on the form. Thus,
you need something like

wget
--post-data="adminpw=foobar&send_unsub_notifications_to_list_owner=0&send_unsub_ack_to_this_batch=0&unsubscribees=me at somewhere.edu"

or