[Mailman-Users] scalability + ldap

Anil Jangity anilj at me.com
Wed May 30 00:17:31 CEST 2012

How does mailman scale to large lists? What about 200,000 members or more? I know a large part of this has to do with the performance of the email infrastructure.
Are there plans to make use of LDAP for storing Lists information (lists+members+lists configuration)?

Right now, we have corporate Groups in LDAP, and members in that group (e.g. uniqueMember). When a email is sent to a Group, we have some scripts that will do LDAP lookups and then expand to those specific email addresses and then re-distribute emails to these individuals.

These are internal Groups. I was debating the plusses and minuses of using a real mailing list (mailman) for this purpose.

Thanks,
Anil