[Mailman-Users] Automated Subscription Bots Inundating List Owners With Subscription Requests

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Tue Oct 23 06:51:28 CEST 2012

On Tue, 2012-10-23 at 01:31 +0000, Kalbfleisch, Gary wrote:
> I personally don't care for CAPTCHA but it exists for a reason.   If
> anyone can suggest a better solution I would love to here it.  Right
> now Mailman is being exploited to email bomb individuals and DOS email
> systems.  This cannot continue.

Take a look at <http://areyouahuman.com/>.  While this technology may
not solve all the problems presented by CAPTCHAs, this is certainly a
promising direction in which to look for alternatives.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Behold! Our way lies through a
FMP Computer Services |    dark wood whence in which