[Mailman-Users] mailman running very slow

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Wed Oct 24 18:52:20 CEST 2012

On Wed, 2012-10-24 at 09:54 -0400, Richard Shetron wrote:
> Oct 23 13:42:13 2012 (19673)
> <7.0.1.0.0.20121016133607.0469b148 at marchreport.com> smtp to
> marchreport_daily_alert_ctc10 for 2 recips, completed in 168.029
> seconds
>
> That seem to be a very long time for processing a list.

Yes, that's a long time.  If nothing has changed in your Mailman
installation, I'd guess you're looking at an issue with the SMTP server,
or possibly a network issue.  A look at your mail server logs and the
timestamp data therein should give you a finer-grained look at the
timing of SMTP events associated with Mailman's outgoing posts.

Another very useful tool for analyzing mail issues is swaks.

--
Lindsay Haisley       |  "We are all broken toasters, but we still
FMP Computer Services |    manage to make toast"