[Mailman-Users] mailan and postfix config problems

soportek soportek at lavabit.com
Tue Oct 30 20:34:15 CET 2012

On 10/29/2012 12:36 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> soportek wrote:
>
> [...]
>>
>> I know this is postfix related but I am follwing the postfix config
>> INSTALL instructions from /var/lib/mailman/bin/postfix-to-mailman.py
> [...]
> First see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/OIDD>.

..

> postfix_to_mailman.py is a third-party package which is not distributed
> by the GNU Mailman project, nor is it officially supported by the GNU
> Mailman project. It is an alternative to and incompatible with
> delivery to mailman via aliases and virtual alias maps.

Ok, so I've reverted my previous changes and now I've followed the exact
instructions from
http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Integrating+Mailman+with+postfix

I can create new lists as lists.somedomain.org, aliases seem to be
created fine but then no mail is ever sent from the list. I can send a
request to the list and I don't receive a bounce. I don't see any errors
in the mailman o postfix log so I can't tell what is happening.