[Mailman-Users] Something is hiding Subject/Sender for Hotmail/MSN recipients

ChuckPuckett charlesgpuckett at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 18:28:11 CEST 2012

This just started, but it may be result of change in Settings. I use Mailman
list primarily as an announcement service (of theatrical events in the
area). I myself receive the emails, once in my Hotmail account, once in my
Gmail account. I send the announcements from  the Hotmail account.

In the last month or so, I've noticed that when I receive the email in my
Hotmail account, the Subject says "(No Subject)" and the sender is
"(Unknown)". The Gmail receipt is fine: subject and sender are perfectly
visible. I just ignored the problem until one of my patrons, using an MSN
(also Microsoft, so you can see where I'm heading with my suspicions)
reported the same phenomenon.

My settings are hopefully set up so that members can only receive the
postings, there is no provision for anyone else posting to the list (it's
not a discussion forum)

anonymous_list is set to NO
first_strip_reply_to set to YES
reply_goes_to_list is Explicit address (mine)
subject_prefix is "[Theatre Happenings]" (don't see how this would affect,
just mentioning settings that seem at least potentially related)

There may be other settings that are germane, happy to provide them. Or
maybe it's nothing in my Settings at all.

Any help is appreciated.

Chuck Puckett
http://www.puckettpublishing.com http://www.puckettpublishing.com
"I don't want to steal the show. I only want to borrow it for a while."