[Mailman-Users] May I know which file I need to modify to changethe Welcome page content?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Sep 7 17:40:06 CEST 2012

Ma, Yuan wrote:

>I am trying to change the line in the Welcome! below from (Send questions and comments to mailman at lists.service.ohio-state.edu<mailto:mailman at lists.service.ohio-state.edu>.)  to (Send questions and comments to smith.78910 at osu.edu.)
>May I know which file I need to modify?

This address is hard coded in the module Mailman/Cgi/admin.py. If you
really want to change it, you need to find the line

    mailman_owner = Utils.get_site_email()

in the definition of the admin_overview() function in that module and
change it to

    mailman_owner = 'smith.78910 at osu.edu'

but the intended way to deal with this is to set the 'mailman' list to
accept posts from non-members (Privacy options... -> Sender filters ->
generic_nonmember_action = Accept) and subscribe smith.78910 at osu.edu
to the list.