[Mailman-Users] Web Page owner email address

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Sep 21 17:41:24 CEST 2012

Dennis Putnam wrote:

>I guess by default the list owner email address is displayed on web
>pages. What I want is for listname-owner at whatever.com to be displayed
>and that email forwarded to the list owner so the owner's address is not
>publicly displayed. I thought that was what I was setting up but
>obviously not. How do I configure mailman to do that? TIA.

It's a kludge, but whatever is displayed as the owner is a mailto:
link, the target of which is the listname-owner at ... address, and mail
to that address is resent to all the owner and moderator addresses, so
you could set some benign string as the owner address and set the real
owner addresses as moderator addresses.

*CAVEAT*
Don't put listname-owner at ... as the owner. I think this will create a
mail loop.