[Mailman-Users] How to programmatically disable all mail to member

Peter Heitzer Peter.Heitzer at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Nov 4 12:56:41 CET 2013

We do not delete student or staff accounts immediately but set them disabled for about 6 month
before deleting the accounts. While an account if disabled its mail address is no longer in the
mta's alias tables and so any mail from a mailman list the user is subscribed to will bounce.
I want to prevent such bounces and like to disable any mail for a member without having to
remove the membership.
I did not find a method for this with the supplied commandline utilities so I assume I have
to write my own using the 'with_list' command.
What are the appropriate variables I have to set for the member I wish to disable?
I think I have to disable both mail delivery and automatic password reminders.

Thanks in advance