[Mailman-Users] 'Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender' error when using an e-mail from a domain co-hosted with the one used for Mailman lists

Jacques Setton jsetton at waycast.com
Wed Apr 30 13:08:05 CEST 2014

Following on my last below post, I'd wish to report a small additional
problem that I encountered after applying the '$alias_maps' fix to the
'local_recipient_maps' parameter.

Whereas it effectively solved the 'Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender'
issue when using a mail account from say  virtual 'domain.net' co-hosted
with say virtual 'domain.org' on the same physical VPS, it didn't resolve it
when using a mail account from the same domain attributed to Mailman (as
declared in the 'mm_cf.py' file)...

To illustrate this, here is the related case set-up :
- domain.net and domain.org are co-resident on the same host VPS12345,
- domain.org is the one we use for mailman lists - link :
- we get no mail rejection when using the account name1 at domain.net with a
list created on 'lists.domain.org' (after the previous fix),
- we get an 'Unknown User' mail rejection when using the name2 at domain.org
with a list created on 'lists.domain.org' (new problem observed).

The kind of rejection error notification we then get is depicted thereafter
:
	*** POST SUBMISSION TO TESTLIST ***