[Mailman-Users] Permission Denied Error after List Migration

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Aug 7 08:43:49 CEST 2014

Sascha Rissel writes:

 > Thanks, in fact I didn't think of that!
 > Meanwhile I created the list on the target server anew, using "newlist"
 > command.
 > Afterwards I exported members and config from the old server and imported
 > it into the new server's list:
 > > list_members -o regular.lst -r <list name>
 > > list_members -o digest.lst -d <list name>
 > > config_list -o config.cfg <list name>
 > > add_members -r regular.lst <list name>
 > > add_members -d digest.lst <list name>
 > > config_list -i config.cfg <list name>
 > Lastly I imported the archive via
 > > /var/lib/mailman/bin/arch <list name>

I believe this works correctly (I assume that when "importing the
archive" you copied the mbox file to the right place).

If everything seems to be working without permissions problems then
you should be OK.

This is really not something I'm terribly expert in.  However, Mark
Sapiro is on vacation so I did my best.  I think he'll be back in a
week or two and you can get more help from him (or perhaps others on
this list) if something still doesn't seem right.


More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list