[Mailman-Users] Mailman digest issues

Henrik Rasmussen her at adm.ku.dk
Mon Aug 11 15:15:41 CEST 2014

I am using Mailman version 2.1.12.

One of my list admins have complained that he's list does not send out digest mails, which is most likely because he set digest_size_threshhold to 1000.

But he also complains that no digest mails are being sent when he set _send_digest_now to Yes.

He also set digest_send_periodic to Yes.

We're confused that the digest_send_periodic  text is saying "Should a digest be dispatched daily when the size threshold isn't reached?" as he wants the digest to be sent weekly as set in digest_volume_frequency.

The /var/log/cron shows that the /usr/lib/mailman/cron/senddigests is being run daily at noon.

1)      Where can I see if digest mails are in fact being sent out?

2)      Where will Mailman log digest issues?

3)      Does the digest_send_periodic daily affect the digest_volume_frequency weekly?

Yours faithfully

Henrik Rasmussen
Systemadministrator, Core Services

UNIVERSITY OF COPENHAGEN