[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.18-1 not respecting add_virtualhost

Chris Miller ctodd at scratchspace.com
Thu Aug 14 21:07:36 CEST 2014

On 8/14/2014 11:37 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 08/13/2014 03:50 PM, Chris Miller wrote:
>> Here is an example of our mm_cfg.py :
>>
>> VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
>> DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'list.ourdomain.com'
>> DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'list.ourdomain.com'
>> DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'
>> VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = On
>> add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
>> add_virtualhost('list.customerdomain.com', 'customerdomain.com')
>>
>> If we change the default values above and run the below command, the
>> available mailing lists move from the old default to the new.
>>
>> bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url --
>>
>> All add_virtualhost configuration lines are ignored.
>
> Because the above command processes all lists and sets them all to the
> hosts corresponding to DEFAULT_URL_HOST.
>
> To run fix_url in a multiple virtual hosts environment, you must run it
> separately for each list with the appropriate -u option, e.g.,
>
> bin/withlist -l -r fix_url customer_listname -u list.customerdomain.com

We did do this after I sent the original email. Unfortunately it is
not changing the web_page_url in the configuration.

>> I am unaware of a method we can use to further debug this, such as a
>> command that would effectively dump out Mailman's configuration options,
>> thus validating if it is even reading the add_virtualhost configuration
>> lines.
>
> bin/dumpdb lists/hostname/listname/config.pck
>
> and look for web_page_url and host_name.

The host name is correct, but the web_page_url is wrong.

Also the path we have is different than above, specifically missing
a hostname directory i.e. :

lists/listname/config.pck

--

Regards,