[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.18-1 not respecting add_virtualhost

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Aug 14 20:37:50 CEST 2014

On 08/13/2014 03:50 PM, Chris Miller wrote:

> Hello,
>     we recently updated our (vhost patched) Mailman installation from
> 2.1.14 to 2.1.18-1 (https://launchpad.net/~msapiro) in order to
> workaround Yahoo's recent change to their SPF policy that this version
> addresses. Virtual mailing list hosting worked fine up until this upgrade.
>
> Here is an example of our mm_cfg.py :
>
> VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
> DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'list.ourdomain.com'
> DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'list.ourdomain.com'
> DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'
> VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = On
> add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
> add_virtualhost('list.customerdomain.com', 'customerdomain.com')
>
> If we change the default values above and run the below command, the
> available mailing lists move from the old default to the new.
>
> bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url --
>
> All add_virtualhost configuration lines are ignored.

Because the above command processes all lists and sets them all to the
hosts corresponding to DEFAULT_URL_HOST.

To run fix_url in a multiple virtual hosts environment, you must run it
separately for each list with the appropriate -u option, e.g.,

bin/withlist -l -r fix_url customer_listname -u list.customerdomain.com

> I am unaware of a method we can use to further debug this, such as a
> command that would effectively dump out Mailman's configuration options,
> thus validating if it is even reading the add_virtualhost configuration
> lines.

bin/dumpdb lists/hostname/listname/config.pck

and look for web_page_url and host_name.