[Mailman-Users] Second step in SA

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Aug 14 21:24:58 CEST 2014

On 08/14/2014 05:24 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Having got SA working at last on my CentOS-7 home server,
> I'm thinking of improving its use for me (no-one else).
>
> 1) What is the simplest way to reject mail in chinese, russian
> and turkish?

This is not a SpamAssassin list. If you are asking about doing this in
Mailman, you could see Privacy options... -> Spam filters ->
header_filter_rules. You could try a rule with a regexp like

^Content-Type:.*charset=(koi8-r|iso-8859-9|windows-1254|big5|gb2312)

plus maybe others, but since much mail is utf-8, this probably wouldn't
be very effective.

> 2) I get some email wrongly marked spam - always from the same site.
> I'm tried marking this as ham (and running "sa-learn --ham")
> but this has surprisingly little effect.

Again, this is not a SpamAssassin list.

> 3) Bizarrely, I seem to be getting a lot of spam from Brazil -
> at least I assume that is where *.br lives?
> I guess 1% of email from Brazil might be legit,
> but losing it would be a small sacrifice.
> I guess I could look at the sites - there may be only a couple.
> What is the easiest way to define email from a given site as spam?

In Mailman a header_filter_rules regexp like