[Mailman-Users] Reducing steps to confirm email address

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Aug 14 21:46:26 CEST 2014

On 08/13/2014 02:21 PM, Rachelle Annechino wrote:
> Hi,
> I have created a list that requires email confirmation. Right now, a new
> subscriber receives an confirmation email, clicks on the confirmation link,
> and is sent to a page where they must click on "Subscribe to list" to
> confirm their address.  I would prefer it if subscriptions were confirmed
> immediately upon clicking the confirmation link. Any suggestions would be
> appreciated.

The user could just 'reply' to the confirmation email.

To eliminate the additional web confirmation step, you could make an
edited version of the verify.txt template (see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/jYA9>) and change

    %(confirmurl)s

    %(confirmurl)s?submit=1

If you wish you could also do this for invitations by making an edited
version of the invite.txt template.