[Mailman-Users] Second step in SA

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Aug 14 23:41:32 CEST 2014

On 08/14/2014 02:28 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I read most of the mailman lists I am subscribed to on gmane.
> Why is it I can reply to some of them on the newsgroup,
> while others must be replied to by email?
>
> Is this a mailman option, or is it up to gmane?

I'm not sure what the issue is. I know in some cases people read and
attempt to post to mailman-users at python.org from gmane, and the post
comes to the list From: and address which is not a list member, and this
particular list does not accept non-member posts.

The only Mailman options are what to do with posts From:
non-subscribers. If gmane sends the post with your address in From: and
that address is a list member, it should be accepted. It is possible
that a particular list admin doesn't like gmane and has set
header_filter_rules to detect some header indicating the post is from a
gmane server and treat it specially.

There is a list option in gmane to allow or not allow posting.