[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.18-1 not respecting add_virtualhost

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Aug 15 02:31:43 CEST 2014

On 08/14/2014 01:17 PM, Chris Miller wrote:

>> What is the output from the above command?
>

>     'host_name': 'lists.customer.com',
>     'web_page_url': 'http://lists.ourcompany.com/mailman/',

I meant the actual command output, not the result. I.e., something like

Importing fix_url...
Running fix_url.fix_url()...
Saving list
Finalizing

but perhaps with some traceback or other info.

> Is this simply a matter of creating the hostname directories, moving the
> lists into the right hostname directories, and re-running fix_url?

The entire purpose of the vhost branch is to add host_name
subdirectories to the lists/ directory so that list names do not have to
be globally unique. If this in not a requirement in your case, I suggest
installing the unpatched 2.1.18-1 release.

The vhost has issues. In particular bin/withlist -l does not work with
hostname/listname type lists.

If all your listname directories are directly under lists/ and your
mm_cfg.py contains

add_virtualhost('list.customerdomain.com', 'customerdomain.com')

I don't know why

bin/withlist -l -r fix_url listname -u list.customerdomain.com

would fail to set the list's web_page_url to
http://list.customerdomain.com/mailman/.com/mailman/ unless there is
some typo in the domain name in the withlist command or the
add_virtualhost line.