[Mailman-Users] This is new

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Sun Aug 17 20:32:52 CEST 2014

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 08/16/2014 08:34 PM, Mark J Bradakis wrote:
>>
>> Indeed. I can go to the listinfo page, click on the archives for the bad
>> lists, browse the archives, no problem.
>

> And after doing this is the list's data_version still 98? If so, I suspect some permissions issue or something like that?

Yes, the data_version remains unchanged. The first thing I did was run check_perms, nothing showed up there.

> What's in Mailman's 'error' log?

Actually something did change. Instead of 'from_is_list' the error now is 'dmarc_moderation_action'

>> Go to get a password reminder mailed to me, it claims to work but
>> nothing is actually sent out.
>

> This can happen if the email address you entered is not a list member. What's in Mailman's 'mischief' log?

I used an address I know is a list member, nothing related to it in mischief log.

The last time I had a really weird problem like this it turned out to be some bad disk blocks in the mailman tree.
I may take the machine to single user and do some disk checks.

mjb.