[Mailman-Users] Redacted Email Address in Feedback Loop

Will Yardley mailman at veggiechinese.net
Mon Aug 18 19:58:57 CEST 2014

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 04:55:52PM -0700, Peter Knowles wrote:

> What is the best way to deal with feedback loop messages where the provider
> has redacted the email address of the party who filed the complaint?

I haven't looked at a FBL message for a while, but most of the ones I've
seen didn't munge all the queue IDs in the past, so even without
personalization, you should be able to tell from the logs, at least if
you set the SMTP concurrency low enough.

I think munging the headers is a sensible practice, as it makes it
a little harder to listwash; the main idea of the FBL as I understand it
is to give you an idea when there's some kind of gross abuse, not that
you are required to unsubscribe anyone who complains about your mail.