[Mailman-Users] Fwd: Mailing list lag to SOME users

Kevin Carpenter kevinc at seaplace.org
Mon Aug 18 18:22:51 CEST 2014

Hi all.

Been casually fighting a problem for a couple of months now and have
finally decided to ask for help.

I have a somewhat large mailing list, about 1700 users, that is
generally working just fine.  However, some users are seeing LONG delays
(like 4+ hours) on mail delivery while other users, in the same
organization, get sub-minute delivery.  Specifically, the step 6 delay
in the header analysis below is typically 2 seconds.

In the header analysis below please note that mail.seaplace.org and
spoe.seaplace.org are just two names (DNS A records) pointing to the
same box.  The postfix main.cf mydestination parameter includes both.

I highly suspect this is something within Postfix and hope the list's
extensive experience might help.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Second: