[Mailman-Users] Advantages - Files

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Wed Dec 10 17:32:49 CET 2014

On 12/10/2014 3:56 AM, rex at rexgoode.com wrote:

> They wanted to know if there was a "files" area where they could upload
> things like Word documents, etc. [...]

> Is there a way for me to detect that they have logged in and give them
> access to be able to up- and download files to an area I provide?

If you limit this to http(s), you could use the mailman user login cookies,
but would have to tease the info out of the mailman source code for
names/formats/etc (I haven't looked at this). Also, if you want them to be
able to log in to your web page directly and not mailman's, you'll have to
read the user info from the list's python pickle to authenticate them. This,
of course, requires some python work :).

z!
who can read, but not really write, python