[Mailman-Users] non-interactive newlist, but send notification

Will Yardley mailman at veggiechinese.net
Tue Jan 28 01:06:06 CET 2014

Looking at the code, I think I know the answer already, but is there any
way (with Mailman 2.1.9) to send a notification to the list owner when a
list is created, but do it in non-interactive mode?

Right now, you have to use '-q' to avoid hitting enter, but then no
notification to the list-owner is sent.

We have some code that creates lists; its author prefers to avoid
calling the Mailman modules directly, even though the code is written in
Python.