[Mailman-Users] Ignore DMARC bounces?

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Tue Jun 17 04:32:02 CEST 2014

Mark Sapiro

> For wrapping the message, the logic in dmarc_moderation_action is much
> more efficient.  It checks for DMARC p=reject at the Author Domain,
> and then does something.  Wrapping the message so that the "outside"
> message is "From:" the list and the inside message is the original
> (modified per list policy) is one option.  I'm not sure if there's any
> way to specify an explanatory message, but it would be easy to add
> such an option.

Yes, what Stephen says is correct. It would be a simple matter to add
say a dmarc_wrapped_message_text field which text if provided would be
added as a separate MIME text/plain part along with the wrapped message
when the message was wrapped due to dmarc_moderation_action.

I like the idea of the explanatory message, and it would be great if there was an option for that.

As well as explaining why a particular message is being treated differently, I'd like to be able to warn users not to simply Reply to the message expecting the reply to go to the original message's author.

Peter Shute