[Mailman-Users] Internet Message Format: Identification Fields

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jun 24 01:35:02 CEST 2014

On 06/23/2014 08:59 AM, willi uebelherr wrote:

> The easest way would be a configuratin point for the user to decide,
> that his sended mail get a new message-id, if the listserver changed it
> when he send the mail. And this he always do it.

We have no plans or interest to change Mailman in this way for reasons
already stated on this list.

Your issue is with Gmail's "discard duplicate message" feature, which we
don't agree with except perhaps as a Gmail user setting, but Google has
no plan to change this as far as we know.

Your choice is clear to me. If you don't like the way Gmail handles your
list posts, subscribe and post from a non-gmail address.