[Mailman-Users] Installing v3.0.0b4 on Debian 7

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jun 30 16:19:43 CEST 2014

On 06/29/2014 01:35 PM, ML mail wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install version 3.0.0b4 of Mailman on Debian 7 and for that purpose I took the original tar.gz file and ran:
>
> sudo python setup.py install
>
> There was an issue with the version of zope.interface which I resolved by running the following command:
>
> sudo pip install -U zope.interface
>
> Now Mailman got correctly installed but when doesn't seem to run. This is the output when I run the mailman command on its own:

I saw a similar issue at one point. I *think* I fixed it by completely
removing zope.interface and rerunning python setup.py install, letting
it install the zope.interface package it wanted.

That said, I'm not really working on MM 3 at this point and most of the
MM 3 folks are better found on mailman-developers at python.org.