[Mailman-Users] Logging fail?

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Tue May 13 02:51:35 CEST 2014

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>>> What's in Mailman's qrunner log?
>>
>> Nothing.
>

> There can't be "Nothing" in the qrunner log unless you never started
> mailmnanctl or you're looking at the wrong log?

My turn to apologize, I should have specified that the logs contained nothing related to
that specific message, and not implied they were completely empty.

>> The message was in qfiles/in and once I reverted back to 2.1.14,
>> rebooted and restarted mailman
>> it got delivered.
>

> Then IncomingRunner wasn't processing the queue. It may have died, or
> due to some install glitch it may have been looking at a different in/
> queue from the one where the process invoked by Postfix put it. Maybe
> the install of 2.1.18 put things in different places so the Postfix
> aliases pointed to the 2.1.14 install and not 2.1.18. That might also
> explain why the qrunner log was empty if it truly was.

I'll try reinstalling the latest and greatest mailman, see if I can figure out
what IncomingRunner is actually doing.

mjb.

PS:  This is on a server running Ubuntu 13.10