[Mailman-Users] Problems with multi-machine slicing

Jeff Taylor shdwdrgn at sourpuss.net
Sat May 24 21:14:51 CEST 2014

The entire QRUNNERS section on the machines looks like this:

QRUNNERS = [
     ('ArchRunner',     3,0,3), # messages for the archiver
     ('BounceRunner',   3,0,3), # for processing the qfile/bounces directory
     ('CommandRunner',  3,0,3), # commands and bounces from the outside
world
     ('IncomingRunner', 3,0,3), # posts from the outside world
     ('NewsRunner',     3,0,3), # outgoing messages to the nntpd
     ('OutgoingRunner', 3,0,3), # outgoing messages to the smtpd
     ('VirginRunner',   3,0,3), # internally crafted (virgin birth) messages
     ('RetryRunner',    3,0,3), # retry temporarily failed deliveries
     ]

Per your ps command, on this machine I get:

list     11516 11512  0 08:50 ?        00:00:02 /usr/bin/python
/var/lib/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=IncomingRunner:0:3 -s

(plus the runners for each of the other sections as well).  On machine
#2 I have 3,1,3 in the cfg and ps shows --runner=IncomingRunner:1:3.
And on machine #3 I have 3,2,3 in the cfg and ps shows
--runner=IncomingRunner:2:3.

I also double-checked that the mailmanctl patch was applied on all three
machines, and that the Switchboard.py was NOT applied to these three.
Any other suggestions?