[Mailman-Users] Problems with multi-machine slicing

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat May 24 21:37:30 CEST 2014

On 05/24/2014 12:14 PM, Jeff Taylor wrote:
> The entire QRUNNERS section on the machines looks like this:
>
> QRUNNERS = [
>     ('ArchRunner',     3,0,3), # messages for the archiver

OK. That's as it should be.

> Per your ps command, on this machine I get:
>
> list     11516 11512  0 08:50 ?        00:00:02 /usr/bin/python
> /var/lib/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=IncomingRunner:0:3 -s
>
> (plus the runners for each of the other sections as well).  On machine
> #2 I have 3,1,3 in the cfg and ps shows --runner=IncomingRunner:1:3.
> And on machine #3 I have 3,2,3 in the cfg and ps shows
> --runner=IncomingRunner:2:3.

OK. That's good too.

> I also double-checked that the mailmanctl patch was applied on all three
> machines, and that the Switchboard.py was NOT applied to these three.
> Any other suggestions?

I'm stumped. It should work.  Look in Mailman's qrunner logs for these
machines. When a runner exits (unfortunately not when it starts)
mailmanctl reports several things including its slice info. Do you see
any of these and do they look as expected, e.g., 0/3 on the first
machine, 1/3 on the second and 2/3 on the third?.

Also, from what to what did you upgrade?