[Mailman-Users] resend list of held message via email

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Nov 23 16:37:52 CET 2014

On 11/22/2014 03:44 AM, fourre-tout at woki.fr wrote:

> 1) I don't see the command to write in header (subject e.g.) for request the list of helding messages of the list. List with Hex-string confirm for each message if possible.
> (E.G. : listname-request at toto.fr?subject=listheld password)

There is no email command to retrieve a list of held messages.

> 2) How with command-line re-sent all held messages of a list with their Hex-string confirm. The same sent mail when message become held.

Such a command would be fairly easy to implement, but currently doesn't
exist. See the script at <http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/list_requests>
(mirrored at <http://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/list_requests>) for
an alternative that may suit your purpose.

> 3) Which command to write in header for request to re-send a particular held message with his Hex-string confirm ?
> (E.G. : listname-request at toto.fr?subject=held 5 password)

There is no email command to do this.

> The goal is to down web page admindb.

Implementing the functions you are looking for would not be difficult
for someone who knows Python and Mailman. For 1) and 3), you would only
need to create scripts Mailman/Commands/cmd_listheld.py and
Mailman/Commands/cmd_held.py to do what you want.

2) would require a fairly simple script. For example the script at
<http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/list_requests> could be easily modified
to mail notices instead of listing requests.