[Mailman-Users] Files able to remove

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Nov 19 15:55:06 EST 2015

On 11/19/15 9:07 AM, Marino, Dominic wrote:
> I need to remove some files to free up some space on my server and I am new to Mailman aspects. So my question is what files are save to remove where I can get the most bang from my buck so to say.

The easiest thing, with no adverse effects is to

1) make sure you are not overriding the default

GZIP_ARCHIVE_TXT_FILES = No

2) comment out or remove the 'nightly-gzip' job from Mailman's crontab.

3) remove all the archives/private/*/*.txt.gz files.

Beyond that you can turn off archiving for selected lists and then
remove the archives/private/LISTNAME and archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox
directories.