[Mailman-Users] transport-mailman and virtual-mailman not updated with new list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jan 6 16:28:12 EST 2016

On 01/06/2016 12:55 PM, Eggert Ehmke wrote:
> Hello Mark,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 6. Januar 2016, 12:10:48 schrieb Mark Sapiro:

>> You need to verify all of the following.
>>
>> 1) Mailman/mm_cfg.py includes
>> MTA = 'Postfix'
>> POSTFIX_MAP_CMD = '/path/to/data/virtual_to_transport'
>> POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = [...]
>
> I have these entries in /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py. Should I copy the file
> someplace else?

No. Presumably you have some package which puts things in various
places. You may see that /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py is actually a symlink to
some Mailman/mm_cfg.py file or vice versa, but /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py is
probably a correct path.

>> where '/path/to/data/virtual_to_transport' is the actual path to the
>> virtual_to_transport file ant the value of POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS
>> is a list of the host names (email hosts) of the lists to which this
>> process applies. In particular, if the new lists are in a new domain,
>> that domain needs to be added to POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS.
>
> Yes. All domains are on the same server where also the mailman installation
> runs.

It doesn't matter that they are on the same server/mailman installation.
What is important is that if in mailman's directory, you run

for list in `bin/list_lists -b`; do
 bin/dumpdb lists/$list/config.pck | grep host_name.:
done

That every listed host_name be in POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS

Is that the case?

When you run bin/genaliases, is there any output to the terminal? If so,
what?